Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pair of Picture Frames

I have been up to yet another craft. I saw some cute picture frames in a store in Sumner this last week so I wanted to try making them. I really like the antiqued look and I think these are really cute! Not to mention really easy to make. The top one is just a wooden sign from a craft store that I mod-poged paper to, used a block nail file to smooth the edges of the paper so they look like they are one instead of looking like paper on wood. Then I used a little mod podge over top of the paper to seal it and then used stain over top. The second is a really inexpensive wood frame from Joannes that I did the same process to. Then I attached the silver holders to the bottom and put paper in them with a word. The top I used upholstry tacks to attach a photo. Anyway, they are really easy and they look so nice on the wall! (the picture quality isnt amazing because I couldnt use the flash, if I did it reflected off the pictures and you couldnt see th frame)

2 comments:

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

cute frames. You are so crafty!

Queen Mimi said...

These are so awesome! You are such a Domestic Diva! I'm going to kidnap you for a girls night soon!