Saturday, January 17, 2009

Melting Pot Birthday Dinner

Bret and I went out to dinner tonight for my birthday. I am in love with the Melting Pot so he took me there. We dont go too often, only special occasions, so it was a treat for sure! My mom came over to watch Cameron (who had an explosive day in learning leaps!) and we left to dinner. Normally it takes at least 2 hours for dinner but for some reason tonight it was speedy and we were done in an hour. Not to waste precious alone time with a babysitter at home we decided to do a little shopping at the mall, alone. Its a weird feeling to be walking through a mall without a stroller and going into stores and not having to pay attention to if my baby is pulling things off racks. It was so much fun to have a date with Bret. I need to keep up with my resolution to do a monthly date... we will see how that goes. I am thinking I will make some fondue one night this week for dinner again, I always crave it again right after I have it.
My mom took this picture of us just before we left. We dont have very many pictures of just us and its fun to document our date with a picture.

3 comments:

Kaye and Mike said...

I'm glad you had a good time at dinner and shopping. I always enjoy watching Cameron. He sure is changing fast!

Bonnie said...

Your hair looks beautiful! You are beautiful! I can't believe you are 23 years old! I still remember when you were born. Now I feel old! Happy Birthday!

Ormbrek Family said...

I'm sorry I didn't call to wish you a happy birthday! That day turned out to be crazy! I'm glad you had a great day and time!