Friday, January 16, 2009

Its My Birthday!

So today is my 23rd birthday, I know is sounds cliche but I cant believe Im already that old! And 23 isnt even that old anyway! But I feel like I should still be 16 running around at church dances and living with my parents. But, here I am, very happily married with a beautiful little baby. Time sure does go fast! I always remember looking at the young couple in the ward and thinking it seemed like an eternity til I would be there and now Im one of those young couples.

Anyway, back to my birthday... Bret is working nights now so we couldnt really go out tonight so we are going to go to dinner at the Melting Pot tomorrow. It is my favorite restaurant and its a real treat when we decide to spend the money to go. Since we werent doing anything today my good friend Sheila came over and foiled my hair for me for my birthday. On this subject, I havent had my hair colored in 6 months!! For me that is an eternity. I have either been working in a salon or in beauty school and have been getting my hair cuts and color for free or really cheap for the last 5 years. I havent been able to suck it up and go pay the money to get it done. Sheila and I went to beauty school together and then the ATS together too and we both worked for Gene Juarez. She just had a baby in mid December so I havent wanted to ask her to do the color, but finally its done and I feel human again!

After we did my color we went to the Super Mall to do some shopping. I got a few really nice sweaters from Bananna Republic that were originally $55 and I got them for $13! Good deal, right? Normally the stuff on clearance isnt so amazing, but these are really cute. Then I got a few shirts from Old Navy too. I am always on the hunt for a shirt that can hide my baby belly:)

We wanted to go to Olive Garden for dinner but when we got there it was 45 minute wait, anyone who has a baby knows that that is not going to work so well. Not to mention, we had two babies. So we gave up on Olive Garden (I really am still craving it!) and headed over to Azteca and had dinner there. I think I ate way too many chips and salsa...

Anyhow, my birthday was a lot of fun and I am so glad I am blonde again! Now Im just looking forward to the Melting Pot tomorrow night, yum!!

4 comments:

Kaye and Mike said...

Happy Birthday my Babe!

Amy said...

You can't be that old (Not that 23 is old!). It seems like yesterday you were born. I remember spending the night with Jenny at your mom and dad's when you were a baby. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthyday Babe!! You have been so good at sending me cards and I missed yours. I am really sorry for missing it!! I had a reminder on my Yahoo! calendar but I was in Pittsburg without my computer.

It sounds like you had a great birthday.

Thomas Family said...

Holy Cow I am so terrible I can't believe I missed this post along with the other one about your birthday Dinner. Happy Late Birthday Liz! I'm glad to hear you had a great time at the melting pot and enjoyed your shopping trip...sounds fun :)