Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mommy Escape

Last night my good friend and neighbor Courtney called me and asked if I would be up for some shopping today. I jumped on the opportunity! I appreciate every moment of free time nowadays. This morning we headed out, just the two of us, no kids or strollers.

We went to the Super Mall first and went to Childrens Place, as mommies we are always on the prowl for good deals on kids clothes. I got Cameron a few new shirts and a pair of pants. Then we went to Southcenter Mall to shop for ourselves. We both found a pair of jeans that fit us, which is quite a novelty, its hard to find a good pair of jeans! I got a pair of khakis and some comfy Aeropostale sweats. Finally I can stop wearing my maternity yoga pants! We looked through lots of stores and had a fun time. We decided to go by Old Navy on our way home and that was my gold mine. They had a ton of clothes on sale. I got 10 shirts that acutally fit me well and are cute, and two sweater jackets to wear over shirts or tank tops. I have been wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes and they dont fit me amazingly and arent really any type of style, they are just plain old t-shirts. I feel like myself again! I used to have lots of cute clothes and I looked nice daily, but I have been in a bit of a frump with my style since I had Cameron.

I am so glad that Courtney called me last night and asked me to go with her. I had a lot of fun chatting, shopping and being babyless for a day. But, by the time it was all over I was ready to get back to my baby Cameron and Bret. I miss them when Im gone too long:)

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Ohhh man Liz...can I say JEALOUS! :) haha jk...I'm so happy for you, but seriously you are such a fun person to shop with...in my opinion so if your ever up for it again someday in the near future I'd love to be another shopping buddy for you.

April said...

yay for shopping days! :-)