Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Calling and A Climbing Baby

This Sunday I was released from my calling as Activity Days leader over the 10 year olds and called as the Beehive advisor. I am so excited to be in Young Womens! I love YW and I have wanted to be in it ever since I left it myself. I think it is a really fun, fulfilling calling, or at least it seems like it will be. I love the idea of getting to know the girls and being able to teach them and hopefully be an example to them. Whenever I get a calling I wonder what it is that Heavenly Father has for me to learn in that calling. I keep getting called to teaching callings, so maybe I have a lot more to learn than I think. Bret and I have been the 12 and 13 year old sunday school teachers for about a year and I think that in that calling I needed to learn patience. Im telling you, I am afraid for my sanity when I have teenagers of my own. Sometimes my brain hurts after teaching that class, so I think maybe that patience lesson is being transferred to this calling as well. Anyway, I am really excited to be in this calling and I really look forward to fulfilling it as best I can.

On another note, I have been busy saying "No, No, No" for the last few days. Cameron is now a lot more mobile than he has ever been and he has started climbing and pulling up on things. He trys to climb the stairs, the coffee table, his toys... not to mention he is obsessed with the fireplace and he loves to pull the cover off the bottom to expose the cables and that makes me nervous! I have to follow him around whereever he goes to be sure he doesnt get into things he shouldnt or fall and hurt himself. I hope that as he gets more stable and figures out what he shouldnt get into it will be easier for me too. I need to do some baby proofing now, thats for sure. I am still in awe at the way that one morning he woke up and was just able to do way more than the night before. Amazing. He also all of a sudden figured out how to feed himself. So that has been really fun. He loves toast broken up into pieces and gerber crunchies(they are like baby cheetos). I am really proud of him for all he is learning and how smart he is getting.

3 comments:

Queen Mimi said...

Wow, congrats on the calling! I bet you'll be awesome with the Young Women! Isn't it funny how we end up learning more than we teach when given such callings? It's very humbling :)
'Sounds like Cameron is gonna keep you on your toes now! He is growing so quickly! Have fun with it! :)

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

Hey that's awesome. I always wanted to be called to YWs too! You will be so great and the girls will love you!! Congrats!

April said...

Just love them and do your best to serve the Lord . . . the learning will come on its own. You'll do great with the Beehives!