Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNOW!!

To the rest of the world I am sure in Seattle we are total snow wussies because we get a half inch of snow and life comes to a halt, church is cancelled, people hibernate in their houses, car accidents happen left and right... We are amazed by this beautiful thing, or rather terrified! We NEVER get it here so when we do its a wonderful thing! Last Sunday we got maybe an inch, probably between a half inch and one inch. Then it was calm but freezing for a few days. It snowed again on Wednesday and that time I measured it and we had 3 1/2" of snow (picture above). Then again it stayed rediculously cold and it barely melted. Then today we started getting snow again. At about 2:30pm it started out slow and slowly increased to a heavy snow fall, it has been snowing ever since. Its so pretty outside, I love it! We are supposed to continue to get snow through the night. Its about 10pm right now and I measured it and we are coming up on 3". We will see what its like in the morning. Its only 27 degrees outside, its so cold! I want to build a snowman but Bret wont go out in the cold with me to do it. Maybe tomorrow since church has already been cancelled.


Cameron exploring the snow. He was really confused at first but then he started to like it. He danced around for a little bit until it got too cold.
Me and Cameron in the snow.
Bret and Cameron in the snow.

2 comments:

Richard and Diane said...

I wish things here got canceled with snow, but then we would go nowhere for 3-4 months. I think it's cute that you took Cameron out in the snow. I guess that I'm so use to it and sick of it that I don't bother taking my kids out to play in it.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the snow while you can! The snow is always beautiful until you have to drive in it or run errands. You have probably had more snow than we have this year except in the mountains. The mountains are over flowing with snow and avalanches.