Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decking Our Halls

(A friend of mine had poincetas as her tree topper and I thought it was so beautiful, I had to copy her!)

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I was determined to get up our Christmas decorations. I love Christmas, its by far my favorite holiday. We got up early and pulled out the boxes and started pulling things together. I wanted to do a real tree this year, but stubborn Bret said no, so fake tree it was. Cameron was enchanted with the tree, he stared it down for quite a while not sure what to think of it. I would love to have all the decor my way, but its mostly hand me down ornaments from my mom. Its still beautiful but one day I will have all my own ornaments. Since we got married I have bought a few things each year, I think I am going to make a post-Christmas run this year and get some things while they are on sale.
My mother in law made our stockings. She is very talented and I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into them. I would never have the patience!
We put silver beads around our tree and so I let Cameron play with them a little bit to explore. He really like them and was a little upset when I took them away to put them on the tree.

We are working on getting our lights on our house. We have it half done, silly I know, but our roof is really steep in one area so Bret is going to bring home his harness from work to do that part this weekend. I will post a picture when its all done.

1 comment:

Kaye and Mike said...

Beautiful tree and house! I was wondering where some of my decorations are and I see them on the tree. I forgot what I've given you. You'll get more of your own over the years. Love, Mom