Thursday, December 25, 2008

Camerons First Christmas

I let him pull his toys out of his stocking. Lots of fun things!
Heres the loot, at least just from "Santa." I tried not to overdo it considering he is only 7 1/2 months old, I think I controlled myself alright. He also got a walker last night. My parents got him a learning puppy and a custom onsie, and Christopher got him a teething polar bear toy that I know he will love to knaw on as those teeth pop in. From Santa he got a mini piano, shape box, hot wheels(guess who picked those out...), bathtime tugboat, Vtech Smart Wheels, a number of different kinds of balls, a Baby Einstien DVD, A Very Hungry Catapillar book and toy set and a toy hammer.
Opening his bathtime tugboat. It comes with a few different toy sea animals too for playing in the bath. We tried it out tonight for his bedtime bath and he really liked it.
Hot Wheels, making daddy proud.
This is him opening the shape box, its one where you have to put the shapes in the slots they belong to get them inside the box. He really liked the wrapping paper. He barely noticed the toys, I think he could have just been given wrapping paper and been totally happy.

I happened to get the coolest thing I have ever gotten for
Christmas, at least in my adult years. Im sure barbies were quite amazsing when I was younger. Bret got me the Cricut. If you dont know what that is, its a die cutting maching for scrapbooking, card making, it cuts vinyl and stencils and everything in between. It cuts out letters, words, shapes and all kinds of cool things. He also got me two cartriges for it and it came with two so I have four. It was way more than I was expecting but Bret is such a sweet husband he said I deserve it because I have had a big year this year with having a baby and stopping working and staying home and all the other life changes that have happened. I made a card for my friend who just had a baby with it, the picture doesnt even do it justice of how cute it is. I am excited to get to make lots of fun things using it:)



As for Bret I got him a crawler for working on his car, one of those things you lay on to roll under your car. Also, two new hats and some hat cleaner and care products to keep them clean, wrenches, a new lunchbox for work and two diecast model cars to add to his collection.

We had a really great Christmas! My parents and brother spent the day with us and we had a delicious dinner together. We have another Christmas tomorrow with Brets side of the family. We love this time of year because between Thanksgiving and Christmas we get to spend a lot of time with our families, which is one of our favorite things to do!

5 comments:

RaLene said...

He looks like such a cute jolly elf in his Christmas pjs and opening his presents. I always see him smiling and happy. What a blessing he must be for you. I am glad Cameron's first Christmas was so fun for you all. Merry Christmas.

Kaye and Mike said...

What a great day to be able to spend so much time with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson! What a little angel Cameron is!

April said...

Sounds like it was a good one for you guys! The thrill over the wrapping paper and boxes won't change for a few more years . . . my girls STILL love to steal the boxes and play with them (turn them into houses, cars, tables, etc.) after all the presents have been opened! :-)

Lauralee said...

oh he is adorable in his pj's.. kids make the holidays so fun!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could click on the cricut creation and enlarge it. I would like to see the things it can do. Send me a larger photo to my email if you don't mind.