Sunday, August 3, 2008

Project Toy Box: COMPLETE


I was getting so fed up with all Camerons toys and gadgets all over the living room. From books and rattles to tummy time mats and bouncers it was too much! So I decided that Bret was going to build a toy box to contain the wild mess. As usual when I get an idea in my head I wanted it done right then! Being the handy (obedient) hubby he is he got to work on it right away. He built the box with the dimensions I gave him (although I think I kind of over estimated the size and it is a bit big...) and made it perfectly! I wanted to paint it black to sort of go with our other living room furniture so I had some black matte paint from another project that was left over. I didnt like it matte though so I tried to use a clear coat to make it shiny but all this did was make it worse! It had all these funny bubbles in it and now it just looked cloudy and dirty. We had seen some chalkboard paint at the hardware store in town and thought that might be kind of cool. I trucked on down to pick some up and got to work right away. Even though he wont be able to really use it anytime too soon I thought it was a fun idea for when he is older. And my friends kids who have come over love it! I randomly have been changing what is on it and erasing previous drawings. It may have been a toy box for Cameron but I think Im enjoying it more! Thank heavens for handy husbands, what would we do without them? The crazy mess of all Camerons things has been contained... for now!

No comments: