Friday, August 29, 2008

My Favorite Time of Day

As excited as I am to watch Cameron grow and become more independent minded it also makes me sad because this means he isnt wanting to be so cuddly anymore:( He loves to sit on your lap or be held facing outward so he can see the world and explore, but he is not so much for the snuggled up against my chest or in my arms thing nowadays. So at night before we go to bed I wake him up at 9:30pm to do one last feeding before turning in myself. And during this feeding he is still half asleep so he just lays there in my arms cuddly and snuggly and drinks his bottle. He holds onto my hands and he is so sweet and peaceful. I love it! It has become my favorite time of day because I have my little tiny new baby back for those 15 minutes where he just wants to be held and rocked and he falls back asleep on my shoulder. During this time it gives me some good thinking time and I always end up thinking how much I love him, how I cant even believe that he is my sweet little boy, how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for sending him to us and how I am just so infatuated with every little thing about him. He is such a sweet baby. At this time he is so calm instead of kicking and wiggling and I often have the time to admire the little features on him, his little button nose, his chunky little toes, all his rolls and knuckle dimples and his soft skin. I know one day I am really going to miss him being at this age so I am savoring every moment of it! I only wish that the super cuddly snuggly stage hadnt flown by in an instant. Now I know with my next baby to expect it to go by fast so I will savor every last second of the newborn stage. I love my little Cameron with all my heart and then some.

No comments: