Sunday, August 3, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new


About a month or so ago Bret decided he needed a taller, bigger truck than the Silverado. He convinced me that the truck he wanted cost less than what he could sell his Silverado for so it would make it so we could pay off some bills if we sold it and he could get a new truck. He went ahead and got a new truck(the white one in the picture). I can barely get into it! Good thing Im not pregnant anymore, I certainly wouldnt be able to then. Anyhow, the Silverado is still sitting on the side of the house, but at least he has a new truck, right? As many of you know he also had a 94 Jimmy that he was building a new frame for and he had chopped the top off and turned it into a convertable. In doing so it created a lot of work that would need to be done to bring it back to life. He worked hours on the frame, put lots of blood, sweat and money into it. He has come to the realization that it will be years before he will have the money to finish the project and in the long run it would be best to just get a new body for the frame he built, one that is still put together would be nice. So in a sacrificial move he cut the Jimmy up into pieces to make more room in the garage and he is hauling it off to the scrap yard... Poor Bret. Im sure he had a moment of silence before loading the last piece into the bed of his new truck. Hopefully in the future he will be able to finish the project. In the end at least he has a giant to drive around now!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

heh liz! fun to see your blog.. I saw your comments on danielle's blog..
what a sacrafice for your husband! glad he has a big ole truck to drive though.. that has got to make it easier!

email me, I am on vacation for another week or so, but email me and I can add you to my blog if you want? or did I already? I don't remember..


Mason lake, I have good memories of going there! too bad he got so burned.. I have had bad burns like that ouch!

Kaye and Mike said...

Poor Bret! I bet it was like a funeral watching the body of his truck go away. Will he still have something to work on when I come visit?