Saturday, August 2, 2008

Feeling Blessed

Lately I have been feeling very thankful for all the things that we have. I think that sometimes we forget all the many blessings we have and forget to be truly thankful. I was just thinking the other day while I was rocking Cameron to sleep (some of the only quiet alone time I get to think) and I just felt so blessed to have him in our life and part of our family. That started my thinking and then I really realized that we have so much. I am so grateful for our house and that we are able to have a home for him to grow up in. Im thankful for all the things we have in it, for the ability to furnish our home and that we can have all the necessities. Then I thought how lucky we are to have two cars so that I am able to get out and do things with him during the day. I am especially thankful for all the hard work Bret does so that I can stay home with Cameron and take care of him and help him learn and grow. The list goes on and on, the gospel, Bret being worthy to hold the priesthood, priesthood blessings, family, friends, the knowledge that our family is sealed together forever... you get the picture. So I am making a conscious effort to always remember all my blessings, big or small, and to remember that they came from my Heavenly Father. Ever since we were married we have been just saying our family prayer in our room together before we go to sleep. But I thought about it and even though Cameron is too small to realize whats going on I want him to be a part of it. So we are going to start saying family prayer together with him before he goes to bed each night so that he can learn from it and to help him understand what prayer is over time and why we do it. I feel like its such a big responsibility to teach him the gospel and sometimes I worry I wont be able to do the best job. So yet another thing to be thankful for, I know that I can teach him with the help of Bret, Family and of course Heavenly Father and that I shouldnt feel overwhelmed. I know it might sound silly to be thinking about that already but I feel like it starts now and I need to start building a good base for him to build on. Anyhow, thats a little off subject, just some of my thoughts lately. So if you read this think of all the things you are blessed with and you will be truly amazed!

This is one of my favorite songs and has really stood out to me lately...

Count Your Blessings

When upon lifes billows you are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings every doubt will fly
And you will be singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and gold
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold
Count your many blessings money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.

So amid the conflict whether great or small
Do not be discouraged God is over all
Count your many blessings angels will attend
Help and comfort give you to your journeys end.

Chorus
Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God hath done
Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your many blessings see what God hath done.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I totally agree. When I say my prayers, I can't think of anything else to ask for. I have everything I've ever wanted. I feel so perfectly happy right now. I count my blessings everyday. Knock on wood, right?