Monday, August 11, 2008

Crazy Day

Friday started out as a normal day... it wasnt very nice out so I decided that instead of going for a walk at home I would take Cameron to the Super Mall in Auburn and walk there and maybe look for a cute baby hat for his pictures Saturday. We were about 2 miles from our house and he started to sound like he was choking. He has reflux and he is teething so he sometimes coughs like he is choking and it normally stops after a about 2 coughs, but occasionally he doesnt stop and you have to pick him up and pat his back to get him to stop. This happened to be one of the times when he wasnt stopping and I was driving so I couldnt just pick him up and help him so I turned for a second to make sure he was ok, that he wasnt turning blue or anything and then turned back around and realized the light had turned red ahead of me and the cars were stopped! I tried to brake but realized that I couldnt in time so I tried to turn off the road instead of hitting the car in front of me but I hit their rear corner and then, you wouldnt guess, ran my car into a chain link fence!! Ahh! I didnt know I could move so fast because I was out of that car and getting him out of his car seat in a matter of seconds to make sure he was ok. I was so afraid he was hurt. I feel bad I didnt even go up to check on the other person because I was so worried about him. Its amazing how quickly you can move when your worried about your baby. He was fine and so was I and the girl in the other car. My car wasnt fine and neither was the fence... but those are repairable. Of course when you need someone to come get you no one was home and Bret was at least an hour or more away. Courtney came to pick me up and take us home, it was so nice of her:) I just cant believe how crazy that day turned out to be. Now I have a rental car, a ticket and a court date... and no hat for his pictures. Im just so glad that we were ok, especially Cameron. So that was our busy Friday.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You're a good mom...I would have done the same thing. I've read stories about moms who are able to lift heavy cars to get a trapped baby out from underneath. Its amazing what we'll do for our babies:)

Thomas Family said...

OH my word Liz!!!
I am so glad you guys are okay. Bless your heart you ARE a good mom. Nothing can compare to a Mothers love and what its capable of.
Its so hard to drive when you can't tend to your baby in the middle of distress.

RaLene said...

Wow. This is scary, both worrying about Cameron and then the accident. I am glad things turned out alright. Quick thinking on your part. I am sure the chain link fence did less damage than the car in front of you would have done.