Friday, October 10, 2008

My Baby Body Blues

I am sure every new mom goes through this, except for those amazing women who walk out of the hospital back in their size 2 jeans... Im in a little bit of a blue period with my new body shape. I have been saving up some money from doing hair for getting myself some new clothes. I went shopping yesterday with my friend and Im telling you from my head to my toes my body is different! My feet have widened and grown about a half a size so I have to get size 8wide in most shoes and they dont make all styles in a wide size... My hips are inevitably never going back, they are wider than before . I feel like most of my friends that have had babies around the same time as me are back in their normal jeans, or at least their "big normal jeans" and I cant zip em' up! My hips have grown and will probably never go back so finding jeans yesterday that fit my bottom, my thighs, my hips and my waist was darn near impossible. And we wont even go into my issues with bras right now. I am stuck at 15 more pounds to loose and its not coming off, I have been at that for over a month now, maybe even 2 months. So yesterday was a bit frustrating because I swear clothes just dont fit my body the same anymore at all. I spent half the day at the mall and walked out with only enough things I could count them on one hand. As frustrating and somewhat depressing as it is to look in a mirror right now, it was all worth it. But I sure hope that I can at least get 10 more pounds off, if not all 15, before I have another baby.

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Oh Man, Seriously Liz you are so gorgious! I know me saying that doesnt change the frustration you feel, but its so true. There are just so many features about you I wish I had. Like your lips, your eyes, your flawless skin tone...just to name a few.
BTW, it totally has been long time no see, lets get together soon. I will call you, my phone battery charger broke, so I need to get a new one today. We'll talk later, take care. :)

Courtney said...

Amen! I'm feeling the exact same way--can't lose the last 15 lbs. Maybe we need to try walking with weights or something. Honestly, I think you look great...at least you still have your hair:)