Sunday, October 26, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

We carved our pumpkins this afternoon and it was so much fun. This is by far one of my favorite parts of Halloween, but Bret isnt a huge fan. He gets into it when we do it but he is always kinda reluctant to start. Cameron seemed interested by it. He lost interest quickly as most babies his age would, but he liked putting his hands into his little pumpkin and mooshing around!Bret is the weirdest pumpkin carver, ever! He doesnt like to touch the mooshy pumpkin so he wears gloves while he scoops it out! I cant believe it! Thats my favorite part, getting in and getting my hands dirty. Two of those pumpkins are bigger than him!
Our finished result. One cute mommy pumpkin, a teeny-tiny baby pumkin and a rather strange looking daddy pumpkin.Bret likes to do strange things to his pumpkins during carving. He figures if he is going to carve it he mind as well go to town. So he decided he wanted to make a "weird" pumpkin. He gave it one huge brow and one small brow, same with the eyes one big and one small. Then one of the scariest noses I have ever seen and some razor sharp teeth. Then he carved out hair all around the pumkin and gave it ears. He gave it the "old man do." And just to top it off, he left the stringy insides hanging out behind the eyes.

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Woah your pumpkins are awesome, I'm so lazy, I really need to load our pumpkin carving pics onto our comp.

Anonymous said...

I figured out which pumpkin was Bret's before I read about it!! Looks like you all had fun.

Kaye and Mike said...

You always loved carving pumpkins and Halloween. I guess some things never change. Great pumpkins and I love the photos!

April said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures were so great! The one of you, Cameron, and the pumpkins is perfect -- his smile is priceless! And I love the first one of him sticking his hand inside the pumpkin. Great candid shot!