Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zumba!

Tonight a few friends and I went to a Zumba class in town. I had never done it so I had no idea what to expect. It was so much fun! I didnt think it could be much of a workout, but it was a really good workout! If you dont know what Zumba is I got this off Wikipedia...

A Zumba workout mixes body sculpting movements with dance steps derived from cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, hip hop, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso and Salsaton. The routines feature aerobic interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms. It targets areas such as the glutes, legs, arms, abdominals, and the heart. A Zumba class is typically not formulaic in that instructors often add on their own music choices and choreographies to make their class presentation locally unique.

It was so much fun I think we are going to try to do it at least once a week. She offers classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so we have to make it to at least one of those days each week. It felt so good to work out again! I havent been able to do much in the way of working out, only walking and at home videos and such to save money by not getting a gym membership. So this was awesome. The flyer said you burn 900 calories a session! Amazing. I hope this helps me loose some more weight. I am actually 4 lbs below my pre pregnancy weight but I would love to continue watching those numbers get lower and lower.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

wait.. you posted about this? I thought it was a secret! :)

that is quite the zumba definition! I didn't know all that!

you missed the newspaper photographer there on friday.. lucky you! :)