Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Vegitables of my Labor

My garden has grown a ton in the last few weeks. Its such a fun project and fun to go out and check on it everyday. We have been getting lots of strawberries and Cameron loves them! I harvested my leaf lettace today and enjoyed a yummy salad with it for lunch. Its amazing if you look back at my post in the end of May and compare the pictures. That was when it was just popping up, not its really growing!
Here is my yummy salad. I soaked some strawberries in balsamic vinegar and mixed it into the salad as my dressing. It was so good! Its cool to eat something you have grown yourself.

4 comments:

Richard and Diane said...

I'm impressed by your garden, I wish I was able to grow stuff like that. I'm thinking maybe we should get together Tuesday morning before Cameron's nap if that works for you. Just let me know what time and we'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive Elizabeth! I wish I had a place to grow a small garden.

Kaye and Mike said...

Very good! I'm proud of you!

Lauralee said...

way to go! that salad looks awesome!