Friday, June 26, 2009

Garage Sale Hopping

My good friend across the street and I have been going garage sale hopping on our Friday walks. We have found some good little treasures. We always take some change or a little cash with us and wander about to find good deals. We always have a ton of garage sales going on in our town during this time of year. Here are a few of my favorites;
Bench for our backyard, I love the color. It was handmade and I only paid $30 for it.
Last year I bought the things my apples are in and painted them black, then this year we found the thing I have around them for only $1! My friend actually bought it but couldnt figure out where to put it so she gave them to me.
This bowl I got from a charity garage sale for the deaf and it was $2. Still had the tags on it so it was brand new and its original price was $25!
I just got this cut little bench today for only $15. I put it on my front porch, isnt it cute!?

I got these box shelves, which I have yet to put up, or should I say Bret has yet to put up. They were $2 for all three of them.
The books I got for $1 a peice and the lantern was $2. I love old books.
The cloth I got for $1, the birdhouse was $1 and the picket fence was $1. The other thing I already had. Perfect or my "Americana" bathroom.
Another thing for my bathroom, this was $2.
And one more Americana thing, this was 25cents!
I bought the vase for $1 and did my own arrangment in it.

Its so much fun to find good deals and decorate your home inexpensivly. I also found a little thing that cooks hot dogs, like the ones in gas stations how it rolls the hot dogs along the grill. Bret had been saying he wanted one, and I found one last week brand new for $5! In time for Fathers day!

3 comments:

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

Dang you scored! I should come down there to go garage saling!

Courtney said...

We're garage sale professionals! I'm going to be bummed when garage sale season is over--I'm addicted to treasure hunting! Good work on all your cool stuff:)

Lauralee said...

awesome deals! way to go! love that red bench! ADORABLE! it can totally be addicting eh?