Sunday, March 29, 2009

Young Women Slumber Party and Broadcast

Let me just start by saying I love these girls! They are all such great girls. I absolutely love being in Young Women's, I love being able to be a role model for them and teach them. On Friday night I has a slumber party at my house for my Beehives. We had so much fun! It was a "P" party so they had to do things that started with a P. Like wear PJs or pink, bring pillows and we had pizza and pop, etc. We also added in the "P" for Personal Progress. We spent the first hour and a half working on a few experiences in their personal progress books and eating pizza. Then we made our own homemade facials. We made a scrub out of blended granola and honey and then a facial out of bananas, honey and sour cream. It we so much fun! Then we spent hours playing a bunch of silly games. Their favorite was a game called "Psychiatrist." We played that game the longest. Then we watched the movie "Singles Ward." I went to bed around 1am, but the girls said they stayed up until almost 4am! I wish I had that kind of energy. I feel like it was a success. We started out on a spiritual note and learned and read from the scriptures and then spend some bonding time playing games and doing facials. I am really proud of these girls, they face so many challenges every day at school and in life. Through all that they are keeping themselves clean and pure and growing in their testimonies. It was great getting to spend more time with them and really start to get to know them better. I hope to do it again!

Here we are putting our facials on. Excuse the mess in the background. It is amazing how your house can get messy in a matter of an hour!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the opportunity last night to attend the Young Woman Broadcast. I loved it, there were so many wonderful points made and it was so great to be able to hear from the YW General Presidency and our prophet President Thomas S. Monson. It was a very uplifting broadcast. I loved the messages that were shared but for some reason something else really caught my eye. There was a choir assembled by Young Women from throughout Utah, they sang so beautifully. I was really touched by their singing, and I was especially touched by their appearance. They all were so beautiful and you could see it in them that they were happy, confident, clean and that they loved themselves and their Savior. In the world today that can be a rare sight to see so many beautiful young women in one place with that countenance and it was so touching. I was talking with my friend who serves in YW with me on the way home and she noticed the same thing. There was also a video they showed about the new value, Virtue. It really brought the spirit to the meeting and I really enjoyed it. I pray that our girls were able to feel the spirit that I felt and that they learned from the messeges that were shared. If you have the chance to watch or read this broadcast I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

sounds like it was a great time! what a fun leader you are! I started watching the broadcast this am... I just heard the first talk, I hope to catch the rest of it later!