Thursday, March 19, 2009

Toilet Paper Brides

On Tuesday night for Young Womans we had a temple marriage night. It started out more on a spiritual note with all the YW Leaders sharing their first temple experience and their testimonies of temple marriage. Then it took a turn in the other direction... We had the girls in groups of 3, one as a model and the other two were dress makers. We needed one extra person so I joined a group. Our task was to make wedding dresses out of toilet paper, modest dresses. It was a lot of fun! I am really enjoying my calling in YW. They are all such great girls, and all so unique in their own way. I remember my YW leaders always talking about how much they loved us girls and I never took it to heart. But now I understand what they meant, I do love all the girls and I want them to make good decisions and be happy. Its such a fun calling and I am glad I get to take part in our wards Young Woman program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute idea! I'll have to keep that in mind in case I serve in Young Womens again.