Friday, February 20, 2009

Simplify and Save

I am on a mission to save as much money as possible on whatever I can. We are trying right now to really simplify and cut back on things that we can. We just cut back on our cable today and that will save a bit for us, along with some other things we are changing to save some money. With the economy the way it is and in preparation for expanding our family in the hopefully near future we are working really hard to simplify life and our finances. I am trying to be a coupon clipper and so far it seems to be saving a bit of money! My friend Courtney told me about this website called grocerysmarts.com that shows you what is on ad or sale that week and then links you with printable coupons or tells you that there are sunday paper coupons that you can use with the sale items to save a lot of money. Let me tell you, there are some darn good deals out there! Last night we went to Safeway and spend $56 and saved $42. Then tonight we went to Albertsons and spent $37 and saved $26. Thats almost half each time! I just plan our meals around whats on sale and in combonation with coupons you can save quite a bit. So my mission is to become an accomplished coupon clipper. We are going to start getting the Sunday paper because there are some great coupons in there. I almost feel upset that I never did this before, what a lot of money I have wasted over the years by not doing it!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

good for you.. that's awesome liz!

Anonymous said...

Hey, check out thebargainjargon.blogspot.com
she always has super good ideas on how to save money.