Sunday, February 1, 2009

Emergency Preparedness Fair

On Saturday (yesterday) the city I live in put on an Emergency Preparedness Fair and I was asked to put together and set up some tables about home and family preparedness. With the help of a few sisters in my ward I got all kinds of items and information to share. I had four tables to fill. I set up my canning and dehydrating things, as well as the canning in PETE bottles, which I love! Its so amazingly easy and inexpensive, you can your dry foods in pop bottles or any bottle that says PETE on the bottom of it. Anyway, we also had information about sprouting at home, where to purchase dehydrated and freeze dried prepackaged foods, debt management, water storage, 72 hour kits and more! I was really pleased with how it turned out and I think it was a hit, a lot of people took our information and seemed really interested in it.
This is me and Jaylynn, a girl in my ward. She was there doing some service hours to work towards for her senior project and she helped me get everything set up and was such a great help in general! Thank goodness for such sweet young women! Cameron loves her too! Bret came to have a peek at everything and brought Cameron along and Jalynn took care of him for a little bit and played with him. He had a lot of fun with her. Isnt he just the cutest baby in the world! Of course I am very bias, but I cant help it. I also left him last night with an actual babysitter last night other than a family member for the first time. Jalynn came over to watch him and Bret and I went on a date to a movie. It was so fun to get out just the two of us.

3 comments:

RaLene said...

I have never heard of canning in PETE bottles. I see you have some information flyers and such on your beautiful display tables. Would you mind e-mailing anything like this to me? I would be very interested. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth you have a lot more energy than I do. Great job!! Did the county ask the church to participate? How did you get involved?

We Three Madsens said...

A girl in my wards husband is on the city council so she put it on with the help of the city and then she asked me to do a table for our ward:)