Friday, September 19, 2008

Messy Messy

Cameron is learning how to eat rice cereal and how to eat out of a spoon. He is starting to catch on, slowly. He is currently in the habit of grabbing anything near his face and shoving it in his mouth, so thats what he tries to do with the spoon. I would say 75-80% of the time he eats from the spoon just fine but then that remaining percentage of time he either grabs the spoon, tries to talk with the food in his mouth instead of swallow or he shoves his hand in his mouth with the food so then it goes everywhere all down his bib and he rubs it all over his face and legs! He is so funny to watch. He is doing a great job though, when we fed him rice cereal the first time it was a huge mess. He didnt get that he could swallow the cereal off the spoon, he was too used to bottles. But so far so good, its going well. I think these pictures are so funny although they dont do justice to how big of a mess it really was. It was spread on his forhead, nose, knees, both hands, strangly enough it somehow got to his diaper... Needless to say, he got a bath after this feeding. I think it is good to let him play with it to an extent to learn. I hope it starts getting a little less messy though!

2 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Okay, I guess I accidentally deleted my comment! lol Anyway, I had said . . . Those are adorable "messy messy" pictures of Cameron! Kiddos get food everywhere, don't they! :-)
Oh, and I have to say definitely do the Chicken costume. . . you already have it, and he looks SO cute in it! Good purchase!