Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Aspiring Gardener

Today we bought more strawberry plants for our garden. I have a lot that I planted last year, but it wasnt enough and I wanted more! Cameron is so excited we are growing strawberries, he loves them. He keeps reminding me that we have strawberries in the backyard, all day long! So I had him help me plant the new ones. He enjoyed himself even though it was more work with him around it was still fun. I also planted a blueberry bush in front or my house and I bought a raspberry plant too but Im not quite sure where Im going to plant it yet. We also planted our cherry tomato plants in the garden, Cameron ate them all last summer and I know he will be excited when they are ready. Now I just have to wait a month and then we can plant the rest of our garden just before the baby comes!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh I love strawberries. Do you get enough to make jam? The raspberry plant will turn into hundreds. . . they take over an area. We are constantly pulling out runners coming up. Last year we only got enough to eat every morning but I'm hoping this year to have enough to make some jam too.

Lauralee said...

love strawberries..I totally remember Cameron eating those tomatos! hope you planted lots!