Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Brother is a Missionary!

Our main reason that got us down to Utah was dropping off my brother at the MTC. He went in on Wednesday April 14th. It was a strange experience dropping him off. There is no longer any kind of welcome ceramony or anything that the family is allowed into, you basically shove them out the door and drive off. We drove up, gave him one last hug and "whoosh" he was wisked away into a sea of white shirts and nametags. It was abrubt but I guess its best that way. It was also strange leaving him in Utah, and not having any real way to check in on him just to see how things were going. I got an email from him on his first p-day and he is doing well. Im so proud of him and his decision to go on a mission and serve the Lord. The only thing that makes it bitter sweet is that he will miss the birth of my second baby and Connor wont even know him until he is Camerons age. Also that Cameron will already be 4 when he comes home! But we talk about him a lot and Cameron knows he went on a mission. I ask him "Where did Uncle Chris go?" and he responds "A mission!" He has a picture of Uncle Chris thats his to keep with him too.

Before he went into the MTC I took a few pictures of him and my parents. He sure makes a handsome missionary! We had a lot of fun spending time with him before he left and also spending time with my side of the family.

See you in two years Christopher!

5 comments:

Kaye and Mike said...

I'm so glad that you and Bret and Cameron were able to come see Christopher off. It is strange around here without him.

Lynda said...

What a fun time. It was so good to see your family and spend time together. Can't wait to see pictures of Conner. Our fingers are crossed that he'll come early and on his own!

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures!

Denise said...

Wish I could have been there but glad I was, at least, in Seattle for his farewell.

Lauralee said...

so super exciting for him- and your family! what a special time! hope he is doing well!