Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baby Update

I am now 34 weeks along and so ready to meet my little guy! I cant believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown by. Part of me is thankful and part of me wants it to slow down so I can savor it. I am on the official countdown now to my due date, only 6 more weeks.

I had a doctor appointment last week and found out my doctor is going out of town on my due date. This throws a kink in my plan because I really want him to deliver me. The fact that he delivers his own babies instead of whoever is on call was one of the main reasons I switched to him. So, if the baby hasnt come on his own by June 5th we will be inducing my labor that morning. I am not a huge fan of being induced, I really want to go into labor on my own. But on the other hand it will be nice because we will drop Cameron off at my inlaws the night before, both Bret and my mom will be off work so they can be there and I dont have to stress about them not being around when I go into labor. Also, this is a biggie, I can take a shower and do my hair/makeup before I go in! That way hopefully I wont feel quite as grungy and gross during and after labor and I will look somewhat decent in pictures. I know its silly to care about that, but with Cameron I hadnt showered that day and it was the middle of the night and I felt so gross, not to mention I looked like a hobo in all my photos. There are definate advantages to being induced, but Im still holding out that he will just come a little early on his own, fingers crossed! He is head down right now and very very low. My doctor felt around my belly and was surprised how low down his head was already. I have been having lots and lots of braxton hicks so lets hope that gets things started. I am still doing Zumba too so Im hoping the exercise will help push things along as well. I have another doctor appointment on May 5th and he may check if Im dilated or effaced yet at that appointment, if he doesnt he will the next week.


I am loving feeling (and watching) him move, he is a busy boy in there! I always have a foot, elbow, knee or someother body part jabbing out. Cameron has felt him move once, now every time he puts his hand on my belly he yanks it right back and says "Ooh, move!" even if he didnt really feel anything. He is getting excited to be a big brother, we talk about it all the time. Today we bought some binkies for the baby and Cameron insisted on carrying them the whole time we were in the store. He kept saying "binky for baby Connor." I have a feeling I will have my hands full but he is going to be a wonderful big brother. I feel so incredibly blessed to be carrying this little spirit around in me all the time, and blessed that I get to be his mommy. Im thankful to my Father in Heaven for sending him to us and we are so excited to meet him and have him in our family. I already love him so much!


Now... to a quick 6 more weeks!
(Or 5 weeks and 4 days if Im induced!)

2 comments:

Kaye and Mike said...

I'm excited to meet Conner!

Lauralee said...

so excited for you! what a fun time to have a new baby again!