Monday, November 17, 2008

Sad But True... Family Dinners

Bret and I have been married for just over 3 years now and sadly we are just now starting to have family dinners. I swear we never meant to end up this way but with our schedules before Cameron we never seemed to be home at the same times to eat dinner. I was working later nights and wouldnt get home until anywhere between 7 and 10pm so Bret would just eat when he wanted. Then after I quit working we were so in that habit that we just ate dinner when we got hungry and it rarely ended up being we were hungry at the same time. So, I made the executive decision that we were going to have family dinner every night from now on. If you know us well, you know we are hard to please in the food department, we are both rather picky. So we sat down one night and came up with a list of things we both like or things we can modify so we would like it. We have been at it for a week now and I love having dinner together! I made lasagna for the first time ever, and Bret liked it! I feel very homemaker-ish now. Its so fun being able to sit down as a family and all eat dinner together, although Cameron is stuck with his mooshy meat and veggies dinners.
___________________________________________________

Water Please!

Cameron would just stare at us while we would drink out of our glasses so one day I let him try drinking water out of my glass and he was in heaven. I swear he is a fish out of water. He gets so excited and flaps his arms and kicks his legs and grabs the cup, he loves it! So at dinner each night we let him drink out of our water glasses when he is finished with his food. I think its so cute, maybe time for a sippy cup...?

1 comment:

Richard and Diane said...

We have been really bad at family dinners too. Mainly because Richard is always working at night, but we're getting better at it too. I wish Dylan's carseat went to 35lbs it only goes to 25lbs. The earliest I think that I'm coming up with the kids is July (I told with Richard I was going with or with out him). I wish we could come earlier but I don't have the money for that.