Monday, November 23, 2009

The Sunday Sacrament Spectacle

Im sure every parent feels like this is them. But I swear Im it every week! Cameron is a handful during Sacrament Meeting, he is impossible to keep quiet or calm or contained! We cant give him toys because he throws them across the chapel, its true, he chucks them quite far for someone his age. Even his binky, which is our only means of keeping him quiet, often ends up a few pews ahead of us. Yesterday we didnt make it 5 minutes. He was wiggling all over the place and trying to run down the pew on the seat to the people on the other end. Then he lost his sippy cup under the pew in front of us, so he was trying to crawl under to get it, but he kept pushing it further away, so we let him crawl all the way under to get it. Then he thought it was funny and wouldnt come back, we should have known. Then he crawled on the seat in front of us and stood up laughing. Im sure half the chapel was watching us wondering why we couldnt keep our child quiet. I know there has to be a light at the end of the tunnell, but where is it? Hopefully it will come in the next 6 months otherwise I dont know what we will do when there is a baby and a wild boy!!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Yeah good luck, I hate to tell you that it gets worse. We have been bringing books which worked for awhile. We quietly talk with the kids about the pictures and such. Logan is just starting to get to a good stage, he's 7. Unfortunately I don't ever get to really hear a talk. I am always trying to keep my boys quiet. At this point I more go to get my children in the habit, and to teach them to be reverent. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We didn't even hear him. It's always so much more noticeable to the parents trying to keep them reverent and still. =)

Lauralee said...

we were just a row behind you... I didn't notice him at all.. seriously. I think it always seems louder or more disruptive to parents who are trying to control the kids... there are so many kids in our ward... he would have a lot of competition to be the loudest! :)