Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another Ultrasound Picture (12wks)

This is a profile picture. I love how you can she his/her little nose, so adorable! The legs are hard to see but they are half way there, just the thighs and the rest of the leg is out of the picture. This picture is a little weird. This is as if you were looking baby in the face, you can see its skelatel structures in its face and then the other thing is its belly. A little alien but still cute!

Today was my scan to check my cervix length since I had a short cervix with Cameron at the end of my pregnancy. This time they are going to monitor its length via ultrasound a few times throughout my pregnancy. Today was my first, then again at my 20wk scan and again at 28wks. I am always so amazed at how much the baby has grown! I just saw it a week ago in my doc office and its has grown so much since then! Its 2.5 in long crown to rump, still tiny but it was a wiggler. The tech was having a hard time getting a heart rate number because it was moving so much she couldnt get the mouse over his/her heart. Finally she was able to get it and its heart rate was 170 bpm. Then a few times he/she streched out its legs and pushed off the side of my uterus. It did a few little flips too. Amazing. But everything looks good thus far, like I said they will check again at my 20wk scan. The baby is measuring a little bigger than my due date, according to my measurments I would be due the 6th instead of the 10th. But since its pretty close my due date will stay the same.

1 comment:

Kaye and Mike said...

It's so cool we can get pictures of our babies before they are even born! I'm so excited to get another granchild!