Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend at Lake Mason

This weekend on Saturday we went out to a family friends cabin on Mason Lake in Belfair, WA. It was so much fun! We drove out early in the morning and came back late that night. This is our little family hanging out on the dock. I was so glad the weather was really nice, it made for a great mini-vacation.
Cameron hung out inside most the day, but his Grandma and Dorothy (family friend) didnt mind at all! They enjoyed taking care of him and playing with him so that Bret and I could go out on the water and have some fun!
Bret and I rode the wave runners all day. It was so much fun, we decided one day we will have to get some for ourselves. Bret also went innertubing and he is paying for it today. He "forgot" to wear sunscreen so he is absolutly useless to us after yesterday. He is burned so bad on his shoulders he is blistering, he cant wear a shirt without it hurting and he can barely put a shirt on or take on off on his own for that matter. I guess he will be remembering the sunscreen next time...
Bret is pretty good on the waverunners... he can jump and hit big waves and splash all over the place. He kept getting close to me and turning fast so that a ton of water would spray up on me. He rode these all day, literally, unless he was on the boat or innertube.
I did ok... not the best at it. But I caught on quickly and was having a blast in no time. I almost cause a bit of a collision between Bret and I, luckily I stopped fast enough and spun around and all I did was splash a TON of water up on Bret. I wish I could have done it again.

All in all we had such a fun weekend. Cameron enjoyed observing the different scenery and hanging out with his Grandma and Bret and I enjoyed a little bit of a date on the lake:)

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

Love the blog Liz,
I had a great time catching up with you today, we so need to hang out more again. Our boys could be running around together in the near future. Wont that be fun! Take care, and see you next week.