Monday, February 15, 2010

My Little Learner

Recently Cameron has been learning at amazing speeds. I swear everyday he learns so much! Lately we have been working a lot on colors, numbers, letters and shapes. He loves to say the ABC's even though he doesnt know them by heart yet, I say them and he repeats. He knows all the colors, at least he can say them all and knows what they are, he just isnt always the best at saying the right color for things. He can count to three on his own which is super cute. He will be playing and I hear him counting his cars or balls or whatever toy, but only up to three. We are working on four and five right now. His favorite shape is the star, he finds them everywhere, no matter where we go he can spot a star. I cant believe how quickly he is learning all these things.
In these pictures he is playing with his flash cards. A friend of mine told me about them, they are at Costco and there are numbers, shapes, colors and letters. He loves them! I am hoping that having this visual aid will help him learn even quicker. Its amazing to me how quickly they go from being a little baby just learning to hold their head up to a toddler preparing for preschool. I remember I used to feel like "How on earth will I be able to teach him everything?" But I have realized it just happens. I talk to him ALL day long, which sometimes gets a little tiring since I am having a constant conversation with a toddler. But he is learning a lot from it. Lately his vocabulary has exploded! Im sure not everyone can understand everything he says, but I do, at least most the time. He repeats everything I say. He loves to say "Oh Boy!" whenever he can, picking up something heavy, getting something stuck, etc. Today in the car he was reading books and decided he was done with them, I said "If you dont want a book what do you want?" He responded "A treat." I thought that was funny. We are able to communicate so much better, he can get his point across without just crying and he understands me when Im trying to get a point across. Another thing he has started doing is saying "Please Mama" or "Please Dada" and "Thank You" without us having to ask him to say it. The other day at the store a the lady in the checkout line gave him a lollipop. He said "Thank You" like he should and enjoyed that lollipop! On our way home I would ask "Is that lollipop yummy?" And he would pull it out of his mouth and show it to me and say "Thank You Mama!" Isnt that cute?

Anyhow, my little guy is growing up quick! Im enjoying every second of every day watching him learn.

No comments: