Thursday, February 11, 2010

How did it go??

Well the first night in Camerons new bed he did really well! I was really quite impressed. He didnt get up once throughout the night or fall out of bed or even make a single peep for that matter. He has been doing really well at nighttime, going down after just a few minutes and sleeping in until his normal wake up time. It was cute the first morning he woke up in his new room I woke up to hear him knocking on his door saying "Mama? Mama!"

Nap time, on the other hand, is a whole other story! Once he gets to sleep he sleeps really well. But its getting him to sleep thats the workout. Yesterday was his first nap time in this bed and I laid with him for about 30 min until he fell asleep and then he slept for 3 hours! It was great! Today was harder. I laid with him for about 30 minutes again, he almost fell asleep a few times but fought it. So I asked him if he wanted me to stay or leave and he said "Go!" so I left. He ran around up there for quite some time until I heard him doing a very sad fake cry. He did that for a few minutes and then silence. So in total from the time I took him up there til the time he fell asleep it was an hour and 20 minutes. Hopefully this wont be a pattern! But the good news is that he is asleep in his bed, so not on the floor or anything. He crawls into bed when he gets tired enough.

All in all Im very proud of him. He has a had a number of changes lately, giving up the binky, changing rooms, changing beds and he has done really well. I wanted to get all these changes out of the way before the baby gets here. I dont want him to associate it with the new baby. It would be too much to make all the changes we have plus add in the pressence of a new baby and mommys newly divided attention. He is a really good little boy, he is learning so much and I love watching him change and grow. He will be such a great big brother for Connor and Im excited to watch them interact and grow up together.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Taking them out of the crib is a huge adjustment! Give it time with his naps, he will eventually adjust. Good luck!

Courtney said...

Changes are hard...especially on the mama. We've got some serious changes that need to be made too, but I'm too lazy! Good for you for making all these adjustments before the biggest adjustment of all arrives:)

Kaye and Mike said...

I'm so proud of him and you!