Sunday, August 2, 2009

Heat Wave!

This past week has been unusually hot for us here in our normally mild weathered state. One day it actually hit 106 degrees! And my friend who lives up in Puyallup got a picture of a digital outdoor thermometer measuring 107! It was record highs for us and we all were dying of the heat. Unfortunatly most people here in the northwest dont have air conditioning, considering we usually dont need it. The news said that average temperatures for this week in July is 77 degrees and we were in the triple digits. So since it was so hot we had to find ways of cooling down. Cameron took multiple cool showers, as did Bret and I. And we played out in the sprinkler a bit. And Cameron really enjoyed our supply of Otter Pops.
Yum, munching down on some cold watermelon. We really enjoyed watermelon for a few days.
I even let him play in the sink for a little bit... I know, sorta weird, but he LOVED it!
My friend and her daughter came over and we had to strip our babies down and feed them ice cold otter pops to stay cool. Arent they so cute?!
Cameron was a great help by watering my garden for me, as you can tell, its having a hard time surviving the heat!
And after watering the garden he enjoyed a little run through the hose.

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

oh the high heat is getting a little old..I hope it cools down this week!

Anonymous said...

I understand the misery of heat!! My swamp cooler isn't working well this summer. Some days are better than others but it is touch and go. Looks like Cameron survived and even enjoyed the water.