Wednesday, August 26, 2009

4th Anniversary Disaster

This past Thursday August 20th was our 4th wedding anniversary. We had plans to go out to dinner on Friday night and my mom was going to take Cameron overnight for us so we could have Saturday to get things done too. But... Unfortunatly I got very sick with a nasty flu of the worst sorts on our anniversary (thursday) and had to cancel our dinner reservations. My mom still took Cameron and he had a blast staying with his Grandparents and Uncle Chris for a whole weekend. I was extrememly thankful she took him because it turned out I was sicker than I thought. I woke up Friday night feeling so sick I had a temperature of almost 105 degrees and I was so dehydrated I couldnt barely stand up. I felt so weak and like I was going to faint. Kept trying to sleep and I couldnt and my temp wasnt falling so I ended up in the ER of all places. I had to have an IV to give me fluids since I couldnt take any down myself and numerous medications. They even had to do this thing they stick down your nose and into your throat to swab for the flu virus, that was deffinatly not fun. I was having some pain in my belly and it was tender so because of that they thought maybe I had appendicitus, but I didnt. When we got there they made me wear a mask and put us in a seperate waiting room all by ourselves. This made me feel like I had the swine flu or some other weird disease. On the door of my hospital room there was a big sign that said you had to wear a mask to enter. I kept waiting for the Center of Infectious Disease to show up, just kidding. Turns out it was just a strange strain of the flu.

Since we missed our dinner we will be going our next week sometime to make up for it, hopefully my appetite will be back by then. On one hand I cant believe we have been married for 4 years, and on another I cant believe its only been 4 years. Time sure goes quickly. I feel like I might wake up tomorrow and it will have been 20 years. Hopefully I can find some way to slow it down:)

2 comments:

Kaye and Mike said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. We enjoyed Cameron so much last weekend!

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

Im sorry you were so sick, that sucks. But glad you are feeling better. I love the family pics!