Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Summary


Friday
So Friday I decided Bret and I were going to go on a date. I called my parents and they agreed to watch Cameron for us. We went out to dinner at Outback and then went to see "Bedtime Stories." It was a really cute movie! We had a lot of fun being "baby-less" for a few hours and spending some time together. When we got back to my parents to pick him up he was still awake, sort of, he was laying all sprawled out on my mom with a fever and not feeling so great. We stripped him down and put him to bed, poor little guy.



Saturday
We woke up Saturday morning and Cameron was burning up. I took his temp and it was 103.2! I loaded him up on Tylonal and it started to go down. We had plans to go to an easter egg hunt with my brother and sister in law and their kids at 11am, I debated whether to go or not. But he seemed to be doing better and I was doing all of their hair after the egg hunt so we just went. He was so miserable. He is cutting his top middle two teeth and so I assumed that was what was causing the fever, but it was a little high. We went to the egg hunt...

Here we are gathering eggs. Cameron refused to let me set him down to let him walk or crawl around and get his own eggs. If I even bent down to get him one he clinged to me for dear life. You can tell in this picture he wasnt feeling well. I think he has a hard time when there are lots of kids and people around too, so the combo of that and the fever wasnt a good mix. Although he wasnt feeling well, it was still fun.

In one of his eggs he got hair clips! I decided it would be funny to clip them in his hair, Bret wasnt too fond of the idea so he took them out as fast as he could after I snapped this picture.


After the egg hunt we went back to Jim and Megans house to put Cameron and Brody down for their naps and I got to doing hair. I cut and colored and cut Megan and her mom Twilas hair, and cut her three kids hair too. By the time all of it was done it was dinner time so Jim picked up some pizza and then we headed home. It was a long day, but fun. Cameron still had a fever when we put him to bed. We had been giving him Tylonal all day but Megan suggested Motrin so we stopped to get some and that helped him sleep through the night.
Also, Saturday Cameron turned 11 months! That means only a few more weeks until his birthday, I cant even believe it! He is so much fun at this age, although let me be there first to say he is a lot of work too. He is so much more interactive that he used to be and he is understanding so much more too. I sure love my little guy a lot!


Sunday
This morning Cameron woke up with a fever of 102.5 and still not feeling good. We recently cut back our cable package to save money so we went to my parents to watch conference. We spent most of the day there for conference and had an early dinner when it was over. Cameron had fun seeing his grandparents and uncle.
When we got home we decided since it was such a beautiful day we would go for a walk. We have a little playground right behind our house so we stopped there on our walk to let Cameron play. We have never really put him on a slide but he loved it!
Here he is going down the slide. Bret would hold him at the top and help him stay steady sliding down and I would catch him at the bottom and toss him up in the air. He had such a blast! (
He started knocking on everything. He knocks on the doors in the house, on his highchair tray, the floor, his toys, basically anything he can! So he had fun knocking on the plexiglass bubble window at the park.
On Tuesday Cameron and I are starting Mommy and me swim lessons at the Y. I am really excited to see how he likes it. I think it will be a lot of fun! I needed to try on his swim shorts to make sure they fit ok and they do! He just looked so cute in them I had to take a picture. We are also doing a "Toddler Gym" class at the YMCA. So we will have swim two days a week in the morning and then gym one day a week in the morning. I think it will be really fun and good for him.

1 comment:

Richard and Diane said...

I hope Cameron is doing better. I saw your mom had a video of Cameron walking on her blog and I am quite impressed with how well he is walking, before you know it he'll be running everywhere.