Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fighting Over Food...

Today I am feeling so frustrated with meal time. Cameron has always been a pretty good eater and I havent ever had to fight him to eat meals. He usually gobbles them right up, he is such a little piggy. But lately he has developed a mind of his own in this department and its driving me mad. He eats breakfast pretty well, although usually puts up a little fight at first but then once he realizes what I gave him he eats. Then lunch time is the beginning of the hassle. All he wants to eat is canned peaches (or any kind of fruit), string cheese or any kind of gerber snack. He wont eat anything that would make up a meal. I can get him to eat mac and cheese or grilled cheese sandwich, both of those he used to love but now I have to work to get him to eat even that. Dinner time though is way worse. He has been eating whatever we eat or I give him a little something more if its not something he can easily eat. He was doing really well and eating whatever I gave him. But out of nowhere he is refusing to eat anything other than the above mentioned items. I have been giving in and letting him eat those things because I dont want him to be hungry. But I think its time we put our foot down and not let him eat snacks just because he refuses to eat what we gave him. So tonight I gave him some cooked mixed veggies to start out with. He literally put evey little veggie peice in his mouth and then spit it out, one by one. I tried giving him a number of healthy options and each one he denied. Dinner time tonight was filled with crying and screaming from Cameron. I didnt give in and just give him what he wanted. He sure got smart real quick, he learned how to get me to give him snacks... Anyway, it wasnt a good night. So I put him to bed and he didnt eat dinner. I feel like a horrible mom, putting my child to bed hungry. Granted I am going to go feed him a bottle before I go to bed, but still, its so frustrating having to fight him so much. I cant figure out what brought on this "non-eating" phase. Im sure I figure it out after the fact and feel horrible I didnt know what was wrong at the time, thats how things seem to work. I just want him to eat healthy meals. I at least make sure his snacks are healthy since he has been so funny about meals. If anyone has any suggestions, please share!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Were you able to find out about a grocerysmarts passport for Washington? We've been searching and saw your question on another posting. We have family in UT that uses it regularly, but we can't find much info for WA.