Friday, July 24, 2009

Freezer Jam

Courtney and I tackled freezer jam the other night and this is what we came out with! I love the way she put it on her blog so I stole her quote about it...

"Three trips to three different grocery stores to buy the necessary supplies and ingredients, five flats of strawberries to wash, cut, puree, and strain, a kitchen brimming with dirty dishes, strawberry juice dripping everywhere, three rowdy boys (one crying in hysterics at the sound of the blender) causing chaos throughout the house, ninety degree heat indoors, two exhausted mammas......and enough strawberry freezer jam to feed a small army!"

That about sums it up! We also canned some strawberry lemonade concentrate the other night which is amazingly delicious! We will be doing green beans this weekend. We are two busy mammas!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Looks like you'll be enjoying that jam all winter long. Don't you love to see shelves filling with food you preserved!!!

Anonymous said...

Will you send me your recipe for jam?? Great job!

Amy said...

I would love the recipe for the jam and the lemonade! Get my email address from your mom! So far I've tackled apricot jam and mulberry jelly this year. My garden was a dismal failure! Better luck next year.