Saturday, July 25, 2009

An Amazing Experience

I had the awesome opportunity to be in the room with my friend Carrie when she had her little girl this morning. Taylor Sharlene Dycus was born at 7:42am on July 25th weighing in at 8lbs 8oz and 19.5" long. She is a beautiful baby. I think it was the coolest thing ever to get to see it from a spectators point of view. I got to hold one of her legs through all of pushing and I was right there when the baby came out. She had it a little rough, she pushed for 2 1/2 hours and finally had to have the vacuum used to help get the baby out. Taylor is a beautiful little girl and I am so thankful I was able to be there to witness her first moments of life and see her come into this world. I am so happy for Carrie and Jason! Babies are such blessings. I enjoyed coaching a bit and being able to comfort her and help her through it all. I hope I can witness a birth again sometime in my life, truely amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to see the birth of a baby. I was going to go in when you were born but they wouldn't let anyone under 16 years old in and I was only 14 at the time.