Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Week Old

My brand new little guy is already a week old today! I cant believe how fast time is going. I am trying to cherish every little minute since I know he wont be little like this for long. He is such a great baby so far. He is sleeping almost through the night already. I feed him at 10pm when we go to bed then he doesnt wake up until 3-3:30am to eat, I feed him and put him back to bed and he doesnt wake up again until Cameron comes in our room around 6:45-7am. He is nursing really well which makes me so happy. I really wanted to nurse Cameron and had a really hard time so I switched to bottles and I was really hoping this time he would be a good nurser, I got my wish! He had his doctor appointment yesterday and he is up 1oz from birthweight already which my doctor said is great. He said usually at 6 days old babies are still below birthweight. I must make some good milk! He got circumcised yesterday too, poor little guy. He was a trooper through the procedure, he just slept but then once the numbing meds wore off he was not a happy camper. He screamed the whole 15 min drive home and then zonked out for a few hours. He is much happier today. I am so thankful that I get to be his Mom and watch him grow and develop. I am so excited to have him here and Im enjoying every little second with him and Cameron!




2 comments:

Being Breta said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth and Bret! I know you are thrilled with your little guy. He's a cutie!

The Brown Family said...

Connor is adorable! So super cute! One of the cutest babies I've ever seen, congrats!