Friday, June 4, 2010

Connor Has Arrived!

He is finally here! Although I dont really have to say finally because he came a whole week early all on his own! I am amazed that he was early, I was supposed to be induced on Friday June 4th which was 5 days early but he had other plans... I went into labor on Tuesday June 1st and he was born at 12:35am on June 2nd. I had been having contractions on and off all day, never regular and not really increasing too much in intensity. Then around 8:15pm my labor started, we gave it a little while to be sure and then got to the hospital around 9:30pm. When we got there I was dilated to 4 1/2cm and 95% effaced. I told the nurse that my last labor was reletivly quick but she didnt listen... She made me get up and walk the halls for a half hour. When I got back to the room it was about 10:15pm and I was at 6cm. Within 30 minutes of that I had dilated to an 8, so in an hour I went from a 4 1/2 to an 8! I was in a lot of pain and begging for my epidural by this point. Because I was group B strep positive we had to try to prolong my labor as long as we could so I could get as much of the medicine in me before he was born, and this meant they had to put off giving me my epidural because it can cause me to go hypertensive with the meds if we try to do it all too fast. I was feeling the urge to push and barely surviving each contraction. I went from an 8 to a 9 almost 10 within a matter of minutes. The nurse said the only thing holding the baby in me was the fact that the bag of water hadnt broken. Luckily around midnight they finally, and I stress the word finally, got the anetheisiologist in the room but by this point there was no epidural for me:( I was too far gone and the only option was an intertheacal (sp?) which is a shot they give you in a different spot in your back, its similar to an epidural and numbs you in a similar way but only lasts for about 90 minutes. I didnt care that I was about ready to push I wanted anything to relieve the pain and give me some pushing energy. I have to say there was only about 10 minutes from when I went numb to when I started pushing but it was so needed, it gave me just enough time to catch my composure and build up energy to push. So we started pushing with the first contraction... I pushed once for 8 seconds, then again for about 5 seconds and the doctor started yelling for me to stop pushing and out slid Connor! The doctor literally had to catch him. He was a quick little guy. I cant believe how fast it was. I also cant believe how painful it was! I got my epidural when I was 6cm with Cameron so I never felt that pain delivering him. Oh man it hurts, I thought I was going to die! But it was all worth every second to have my sweet little boy here. As I said earlier he was born at 12:35am, he weighed 6lbs 7oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. He has a lot of hair, at least to me. I figured all our kids would be bald blondies, but apparently we have one with dark hair. I love my little Connor so much and Im so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed us with him. He is such a good baby so far, he is nursing really well, sleeping a ton and barely cries at all. Cameron loves his little brother so much too and we are so happy to be a family:)

5 comments:

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

You look so good Liz! I love all the pics! He's a tiny little guy, Im excited to meet him!

Nicky and Patrick said...

So much fun! I am so excited for you and your new little addition. He is adorable.

Amy said...

He is precious! My labor with Elizabeth was similar to yours with Connor. I got the epidural and then pushed her out about 10 minutes later. My labor was fast and painful except the end. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

Kaye and Mike said...

Happy Day! I enjoye being there for the BIG moment. I'm just sorry you had to suffer so much

The Halls said...

Congrats Liz!!